Congratulations on getting your job interview arranged! It’s now time to start planning, and we’ve got you covered. Below is an outline of how to succeed in an interview, as well as a more in-depth examination of each subject.
- Begin by doing some background study on the organization and your interviewers. Knowing crucial facts about the firm you’re interviewing with can help you feel more confident during your interview. Using the company’s website, social media posts, and current press releases, you can get a good sense of the company’s aims and how your background fits in.
2. Rehearse your responses to typical interview questions. Prepare an answer to the following question: “Tell me about yourself and why you’re interested in this position with our company?” The goal is to express who you are and what value you will offer to the firm in a short amount of time.
3. Plan your interview attire the night before. If you’re speaking to a recruiter before the interview, you can ask them about the dress code in the workplace and choose your outfit accordingly.
4. Plan your schedule so that you can arrive 10–15 minutes early. Map out your route to the interview location so you can be sure to arrive on time. Consider doing a practice run. If you’re taking public transportation, identify a backup plan if there are delays or closures.
5. Tie your answers back to your skills and accomplishments. With any question you answer, it is important that you tie your background to the job by providing examples of solutions and results you’ve achieved. Use every opportunity to address the requirements listed in the job description.