Top 10 Nigerian News Headline
Hello and good morning! Today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers is as follows: Top 10 Nigeria news update this monday morning
- President Muhammadu Buhari left Nigeria yesterday for medical examinations in London, United Kingdom. Buhari promised Nigerians that his Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, would be in charge of the administration. In the next two weeks, he is anticipated to return to the country.
- Hezekiah, Aman Francis, his wife, Josephine Hezekiah, and their five-month-old child, Hanniel Hezekiah, have been kidnapped from their home in Abuja’s Abattoir new expansion. While the man’s wife and child were released after walking a few meters away from their home, the husband is still being held captive by the abductors.
- A car accident on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway claimed the lives of two people and injured eight others. Florence Okpe, a spokesperson for the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), verified the incident in Abeokuta on Sunday.
- Two alleged kidnappers were killed and their bodies burned in the Anpam hamlet of Plateau State’s Mangu Local Area. Some local youths assassinated the accused kidnappers. After killing the accused kidnappers, the enraged youths set fire to 13 houses belonging to herders in the region.
- Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has accused certain Nigerians of using religion to hide the facts. He was speaking against the backdrop of the backlash that followed the introduction.
- Following his alleged involvement in drug trafficking, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, would arraign suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari, before the Federal High Court in Abuja today.
- On Monday, after the evacuation of the southern city of Mariupol was stalled, Ukraine and Russia will have negotiations aimed at negotiating a cease-fire and safe passage for civilian evacuations, according to a Ukraine official. Russia kept shelling the area in breach of a cease-fire, according to the Ukrainian president’s office on Saturday.
- A second attempt to evacuate civilians from a besieged city in southern Ukraine failed Sunday amid additional Russian shelling, as Russian President Vladimir Putin shifted responsibility for the conflict back to Ukraine, saying Moscow’s actions were “unacceptable.”
- The All Progressives Congress’s zonal congresses set for Saturday were in doubt on Sunday because the party had yet to begin preparations. State chapters of the party, it was learned, had yet to receive any order from the national leadership, despite the fact that the congresses were less than a week away.
- Following the rejection of a corpse that was presented without eyes, tongue, or other organs, tensions arose in Ogbe-Ani, Ubulu-Uku community, in the Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State. Mrs Comfort Biakpara, who was in her early 50s, was claimed to have been brought to her family compound in Ubulu-Uku by her husband, who was a native of the State’s Burutu Local Government Area.